For those eligible, Flashguard meets the demands and needs of those who wish to ensure access to alternative means of transport in the event of being prevented from driving through disqualification due to speeding or ‘totting up’ convictions.
This is a Policy Summary of the Flashguard Policy provided by Isle of Man Assurance Limited.
This summary does not contain the full terms and conditions of the insurance contract, which can be found in the policy document or are available upon request. This summary should be supplied to all policyholders of group policies.
Flashguard is designed to provide funding for alternative transport arrangements in the event of you being prevented from driving as the result of disqualification as a result of a speeding offence or under the “totting up” rules.
The Policy is for a period of one year.
Main Features and Benefits
The Flashguard policy provides benefits in the event of: -
Disqualification funding in respect of those clients with 9 penalty points current or pending at the inception of the policy is limited to £3,000 per annum.
Main Exclusions and Limitations
Cooling Off Period and Cancellation Rights: You will have a 14-day period, commencing when you receive your documents in which to cancel your cover and get all your money back (as long as you have not made a claim).
Claims: Should you wish to make a claim please write to Isle of Man Assurance Limited, Hope Street, Douglas, Isle of Man IM1 1AP or telephone 01624 681200.
Complaints: If you have a complaint regarding the service received from IOMA, please contact the Compliance Department. Complaints that cannot be settled can be referred to the Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme for the Isle of Man. Copies of IOMA’s internal complaints handling procedures are available upon request.
This insurance is underwritten by Isle of Man Assurance Limited (“IOMA”), of IOMA House, Hope Street, Douglas, Isle of Man. IOMA is authorised by the Isle of Man Government Insurance and Pensions Authority. IOMA is not subject to the same regulatory system as that applicable in the United Kingdom. Holders of policies issued by IOMA will not be protected by the United Kingdom Financial Services Compensation Scheme if IOMA should become unable to meet its liabilities. IOMA is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. IOMA is a member of the London Insurance and Reinsurance Marketing Association.
SECTION 3 – EMERGENCY FUNDS (Driverguard policies only)
If, during the course of a journey, the Insured shall lose the use of the motor vehicle or motor cycle which he/she was driving or in control of in a motor accident or as a result of theft or vandalism occurring in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or a member state of the European Union, during the Period of Insurance, the Insurer shall indemnify the Insured in respect of the necessary travel expenses incurred by the Insured to complete the journey by public transport or reasonable emergency accommodation expenses PROVIDED THAT:
(a) the motor accident or theft or vandalism is the subject of a valid motor insurance claim by the Insured;
(b) the Insurer’s maximum liability in respect of any Period of Insurance shall not exceed the Maximum Benefit stated in the Schedule.
Refer also to General Claims, Exclusions and Conditions.
SECTION 4 – LOSS OF USE (Driverguard policies only)
If the Insured shall lose the use of the motor vehicle or motor cycle which he/she was driving or in control of in consequence of a motor accident or of theft or vandalism occurring in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or a member state of the European Union, during the Period of Insurance PROVIDED THAT such accident, theft or vandalism is the subject of a motor insurance claim by the Insured, the Insurer shall indemnify the Insured for the costs incurred by the Insured for the hire of a self-drive vehicle for the period that the motor vehicle or motor cycle is not in use PROVIDED THAT:
(a) the period of hiring does not exceed 27 consecutive days (after the first three days of hire) or until the discharge of any claim made to the Insured’s motor insurer or until the discharge of the motor vehicle by the Insured’s motor repairers, whichever period is the lesser;
(b) the Insured shall bear the cost of the first three days of any such period of hiring;
(c) the Insured shall take action to ensure that repairs are commenced and completed as quickly as reasonably possible;
(d) the Insurer’s maximum liability in respect of any one claim shall not exceed the Maximum Benefit stated in the Schedule;
(e) PROVIDED THAT no more than two claims shall be accepted in any Period of Insurance;
CLAIMS (Loss of Use)
Where a claim is made by the Insured under this Section of this Policy, the Insured shall supply to the Insurer all such invoices and other information requested by the Insurer to verify the claim and the amount of the claim including a completed claim form (available from the Insurer), together with verification that the loss or incident was reported to the police and the Insured’s motor insurers.
Refer also to General Claims, Exclusions and Conditions.
CLAIMS (ALL SECTIONS).
1. The Insured shall within 30 days of an incident which may give rise to a claim under this Policy give notice in writing to the Insurer of said incident or upon the receipt of a Complaint, Summons, Notice of Prosecution or other communications concerning proceedings for an offence which may result in the penalty points endorsable on his/her licence totalling twelve or more, and within seven days of request by the Insurer provide such details and documents in connection therewith as the Insurer may require. Such notification shall be sent to Isle of Man Assurance Limited, at the address shown on the Schedule. If such notice is not received by the Insurer within the specified time the Insurer shall be under no obligation to pay any claim or benefits arising from such incident.
2. The Insurer shall be entitled, at any time, to require the Insured to provide at his/her expense such evidence as the Insurer may require of any disqualification, accident, injury or other matter relating to any claim.
3. In the event of any claim in accordance with the conditions of this Policy, the Insured shall, at the request and expense of the Insurer, take or permit to be taken all such steps as may reasonably be required by the Insurer for the purpose of enforcing any rights against or of obtaining any relief or indemnity from any person, to which the Insurer shall, upon providing to the Insured any such payment, become entitled by subrogation.
4. If, at the time of any claim under this Policy, there be any other insurance effected by or on behalf of the Insured, (or which would be effective but for the existence of this Policy) covering similar benefits insured hereunder the liability of the Insurer shall be limited to the extent of any excess beyond the amount payable (or the amount which would have become payable) under such other insurance.
5. In the event of any claim made under this Policy the Insurer reserves the right to charge the Policyholder higher renewal premiums
The insurer shall be under no liability,
1. In the respect of the insured if he/she;
(a) … has not attained the age of 19 years (Flashguard policies) or 21 years (all other policies) unless otherwise agreed; and
(b) … is not the holder of a full driving licence valid in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man; and
(c) … has not held a full driving licence valid in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for a period of at least two years; and
(d) … is not resident in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
(e) … does not hold a full motor cycle driving licence valid in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and he/she has not held such licence for a period of at least two years.
2. Unless the incident from which any claim arises occurs:
(a) within the Period of Insurance; and
(b) at a time when the Insured has duly paid all premiums due to the Insurer.
3. In respect of any claim arising outside the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or a member state of the European Union.
4. In respect of any claim arising from travel to a territory contrary to the advice of the Foreign Office.
1. The Proposal and Declaration made by the Insured are the basis of and shall form part of this Policy.
2. Liability of the Insurer hereunder shall be conditional upon the Insured observing the terms and conditions of this Policy. The Policy and Schedule attaching hereto are to be read as one contract.
3. Any material alteration which is likely to affect the risk must be advised to the insurers immediately. Failure to disclose all material facts could result in the policy being invalidated.
4. The Insurer may cancel this Policy by giving 15 days written notice by recorded delivery letter to the Insured at his/her last known address. In such event the premium for the period up to the date when the cancellation takes effect shall be calculated and the Insurer shall return any unearned portion of the premium paid to the Insured unless the Policy is cancelled because of the submission of a false or fraudulent claim by the Insured when no refund of premium will be made.
5. If the premium due hereunder (whether paid annually, quarterly or monthly) remains unpaid after the date upon which it, or any part of it, becomes due and payable (whether or not demanded by the Insurer,) this Policy shall be deemed to be cancelled forthwith.
6. This Policy is not transferable and no premium or portion of a premium paid by the Insured is refundable….(except under General Conditions clause 4 above)
7. If the Insured shall give false or misleading information to the Insurer at any time, this Policy shall become void and the Insured shall forfeit all privileges and entitlements under this Policy and shall have no claim whatsoever against the Insurer.
8. If the Insured shall make any claim knowing the same to be fraudulent as regard to amount or otherwise, this Policy shall become void and all claims hereunder shall be forfeited.
9. Headings are included in this Policy for ease of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation thereof.
10. Payment to the Insured by the Insurer for an insured benefit shall be a valid discharge of the Insurer’s liability.
11. Any word or expression in this Policy to which a specific meaning has been given shall bear that meaning wherever it appears and unless otherwise stated references to statutory provisions and other legislation are references to the statutes of the United Kingdom Parliament.
12. The Insurer will give notice of renewal in writing at least 21 days prior to the renewal date and, unless the policyholder requests otherwise in writing, will automatically renew policies paid for by direct debit or standing order.
13. The Insurer reserves the right not to offer renewal of any Policy
14 The declarations made by the Insured whether verbal, via the Internet or written are the basis of and are incorporated in this contract.
15. This Policy shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws of the Isle of Man..
16. For further information, or if you wish to complain about any aspect of the service you have received, please contact Isle of Man Assurance Limited. If your complaint is not dealt with to your satisfaction you can complain to the Isle of Man Financial Services Ombudsman. Copies of our complaints handling procedure are available on request.
17. This insurance is underwritten by Isle of Man Assurance Limited (“IOMA”), of IOMA House, Hope Street, Douglas, Isle of Man. IOMA is authorised by the Isle of Man Government Insurance and Pensions Authority. IOMA is not subject to the same regulatory system as that applicable in the United Kingdom. Holders of policies issued by IOMA will not be protected by the United Kingdom Financial Services Compensation Scheme if IOMA should become unable to meet its liabilities. IOMA is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. IOMA is a member of the London Insurance and Reinsurance Marketing Association.
(Rev 6. 01.05.08)
In particular, you agree that you will not:
Transmit or disseminate any information on or via this Web site
which is or may be harmful, obscene, defamatory or otherwise illegal
or post any such information.
Changes to this Web site
IOMA Limited may suspend or withdraw access to the pages of this website without notice at any time and accepts no responsibility for non-availability of web pages.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer is virus protected . We accept no responsibility for any loss you may suffer as a result of accessing or downloading information from this site.
We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of any website to which a hypertext link exists and gives no representation or warranty as to the information on such websites. We accept no responsibility or liability for any loss arising from any contract entered into with any website to which a hypertext link exists.
Except where local laws do not permit, this website is governed by Isle of Man law and any dispute or action arising out of the use of this website shall be determined in accordance with such laws.
The Data Protection Act 2002 came into force on 1st April
and has been drafted in order to meet the standards set out in the
European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC.
What Information is used by St Christopher?
Your details are collected when you complete forms, request information
or when you send us e-mail. Any written communication to you from
us may be delivered by first class post, facsimile, email or as
applicable, and to us in the same respect. If you would prefer
us not to contact you by electronic means please write to St Christopher
If you do not want to receive cookies or if you would prefer to be prompted first you should check the settings in the 'Internet Options' of your web browser. If you are not sure on how check or alter these setting you should contact your software provider or support engineer.
What is aggregate information?
Use and disclosure of personal information